Mitchell M.Z. Twersky
At AF&T Mitchell Twersky has focused on short-swing insider trading actions. In addition to playing a lead role in key cases, he has appeared several times at SEC staff meetings to discuss pending issues, and has been referred to as a leading practitioner in the field.
Mr. Twersky also represents institutional shareholders in complex securities class actions, including Silverstrand Investments et al. V. AMAG Pharmaceuticals, a case brought by an investment firm against a biotech company. And he has played a leading role in AF&T’s consumer class action litigation, including cases involving mortgage lenders and sunscreen manufacturers.
In re FUQI INTERNATIONAL, INC SECURITIES LITIGATION Larry Brown v. China Integrated Energy, Inc. et al In re GOOGLE INC. SHAREHOLDER DERIVATIVE LITIGATION ANALYTICAL SURVEYS
After graduating from Georgetown University Law Center, Mr. Twersky was a commercial and civil litigation associate before founding the firm that grew into AF&T. He has served on the Federal Regulation of Securities Committee of the American Bar Association as well as its Civil Litigation and SEC Enforcement Matters and Annual Review of Federal Securities Regulation subcommittees.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court